Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Still alive!

Okay so it's been a very, very long time since I blogged. Believe me, life has been a bit dull around here for these past weeks. Dick's very thick into preparing for the beloved every-18-month refueling outage at work such that he's working almost all of his waking hours (and quite a few that he should be sleeping, too!). The outage doesn't officially start until March 22nd, but the pre-outage work has been more difficult and far more all-consuming than ever before so it's a tough one. Dick's 12-hour days (plus another two hours commute time) will start up next week so he'll be getting up about 3:00 or 3:30 each morning Monday through Saturday and returning home about 7:30 p.m., needing to go to bed no later than 8:30 to survive. Not much time to enjoy the coming Spring weather! We're hoping the actual outage will be done by the end of April, but there will be follow-up work after that. Just hopefully not as much as now.

I've been working hard at getting up to full speed with my work as I was changed to a different group of doctors a couple of months ago for my transcription. The different terminology, different procedures, each doctor's personal preferences and voices, etc., have taken some adjustments, but I'm getting there and enjoying it. I just have to work more hours each day to be able to get the work done, but that, too, is getting better. Along with the music stuff and missions stuff for church, I've kept busy myself.

I want all of you to know that I always enjoy your blogs; what a treat it is to hear about your adventures, see your pictures, and just generally keep in touch. Be assured that if anything noteworthy comes our way, I'll pass it along to you as well.


4 comments:

Kim for the Kings said...

Glad you're still alive. Praying for you two through this tougher season.

Drew and Carrie said...

i was about to write "glad to know you are still alive" and then i saw that is exactly what kim wrote! are you ready for a vacation yet? come see me! hugs to you both, i miss you!

The Wells Family-Jason, Gwen, Paige, and Lane said...

Hi Aunt Jo & Uncle Dick! Wow, it sounds like you will both be extremely busy. Hopefully you will be able to enjoy the beautiful weather at least a little!

Mike & Dana said...

Hang in there Uncle Dick...not that you'll have time to read this. :0)
I can't imagine working those hours!!! How exhausting. I hope you're good at falling asleep fast and sleeping hard.