Just thought I should let you know that I mowed some of the yard yesterday for the first time. (Larry, I see from your webcam that you're actually starting to see some grass there at your place now so maybe you can go straight from snowplowing to lawnmowing!) I can't say I'm too excited about that part of Spring's arrival, but it is good to see things starting to green up around here a little bit. It's too bad I don't have a couple of girls still at home to have as the hired lawn mow-ers! Oh, those were the good ol' days...
And, for you more sports-minded folks, we had a flock of fourteen turkeys come up through the yard yesterday morning. They're sure big when they're up that close! I was going to get a picture of them, but the batteries were down on the camera. Maybe next time.
4 comments:
I never realized how truly ugly turkeys are until we moved here. They're fun to watch, though!
You have that right! A majestic bald eagle they're not! (maybe that's why they're not the national bird) :-)
Are they tame turkeys? Jerry just brought home a turkey call and some turkey shot for his gun. I hear turkey season is in April....
Post a Comment