Friday, October 17, 2008

Another Generation of Sibling Teasing

"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun." Ecclesiastes 1:9

Setting: Early 60s, when naming farm kittens --

B: That one's Fidel.

J: No, her name's Fluffy!

B: Then that one's Castro.

J: NO! His name's SNOWBALL!

B: I like MY names better, Jose'.

J: MY NAME'S NOT JOSE! (Sometimes with tears, and sometimes followed by calling, "MOM!")

8 comments:

Jennifer @ Diving In said...

I LOVE THIS! Dad as a childhood communist...

The Wells Family-Jason, Gwen, Paige, and Lane said...

That's hilarious! I love that you tied in Scripture to go along with the story. What goes around comes around!

Drew and Carrie said...

too funny!

Bob said...

I need to defend myself. Seems that the cats behaved like communists. Can't say that Jo's (Jose) memory is going yet or maybe she has selective memory.

Joann said...

Even at this age, we still can squabble, can't we!

(And my cats were NOT communists!)

Bob said...

I don't know whose going to have the last word on this but as a male it probably won't be me!
love you Jo

Joann said...

love you back!

Earl and Lois said...

It has been awhile back but I don't recall Bob ever teasing or disagreeing with his sister and it surely took some doing for Joann to come up with a"what goes around comes around" episode to match her remembrances of her cats. Do you grandkids notice how you might have inherited your teasing abilities. Ha, ha, surely not.