Hello to all you dear ones from Paris! We're doing well here; neither of us has had any jet lag to complain about. We've stayed busy enough that we sort of collapse and die in bed each night and sleep until morning, so that's good.
Yesterday, the men were off to a plant visit and meetings a couple of hours northeast of Paris by train near the Belgium border. The ladies spent the day in Versailles, visiting the palace, gardens, and area there all designed in the 1800s during Louis XV reign -- pretty opulent and impressive and at least partially leading to the revolution when the royals had so very much and the common folk were starving.
Today it's the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower. The men get to tour with us today.
I just wanted to send you our love and greetings from here while I had the opportunity!
5 comments:
So glad you're having a good time (and a little jealous!) Take lots of pictures!
Earl & Lois said, Sounds like your having a great time and seeing lot's of sights.
Thanks for taking time to blog.
Earl and Lois said
Dad says its quite a thing to have one of his kids in France and one in New Mexico and one in Kansas. What a scattering. We're going to call you Frenchie when you get back. Ha, Ha.
Wow. I'm just in awe that you get to visit so much history! I'm with Jen, I'm a little jealous, too.
I hope you get to take some time to enjoy some coffee & pastries, too! I would probably come home 10 pounds heavier, but it would be worth every ounce!
Enjoy!
You have to post a lot of pictures when you get back.
Enjoy your trip and stay safe.
Post a Comment